Which site can book a hotel cheaply? How to use hotel booking sites to compare prices and book a good value hotel? A collection of the world’s most recommended hotel booking websites, Booking, Agoda, Ctrip, Fliggy and other hotel booking website strategies and tips.
When booking a hotel, do you also have this question: which platform is the cheapest to book a hotel? Is it better to use the global booking platforms Booking, Agoda, or Ctrip and Fliggy to book hotels? What is the difference between these platforms? Wait a minute.
Today we will talk in detail about the differences, advantages and disadvantages of the world’s best booking websites, Booking, Agoda, Expedia, Biyi, Ctrip, Fliggy, these websites.
Official hotel booking platform
International Hotel Group Official Website: gotravelvideo.com/sitelist
If you are booking a hotel within the Group, whether it is Marriott, InterContinental, AccorHotels or other international brands, I recommend booking directly from the hotel’s website.
You can register as a hotel member for free and then book from the official website, the advantage is that you can enjoy the membership rate, the price is cheaper than other platforms. Plus, you can earn points and stay rewards and enjoy the added benefits of membership.
For example, if you have a Marriott Platinum membership but book a room through Ctrip, you may be missing out on the Executive Lounge and complimentary breakfast.
TripCtrip – The largest integrated travel website in China
Ctrip’s website: www.ctrip.com
Headquartered in Shanghai, China, TripCtrip was founded in 1999 and accounts for more than half of China’s online travel market. Personally, I believe that Ctrip is a comprehensive travel booking website in the true sense, whether it is hotels, tickets, tickets, independent travel, even foreign exchange, overseas calling cards, visa services, insurance, etc. can be purchased on the website.
Payment method for Trip Ctrip hotel reservations
Needless to say, support Alipay, WeChat, support credit card UnionPay, Visa, Mastercard, online payment PayPal etc.
Trip Ctrip hotel booking advantages
- As mentioned above, the tourism products are quite rich, domestic and foreign hotels, air tickets, car rental bookings, etc., one-stop booking platform.
- No matter from booking habits, browsing preferences, etc., they are in line with the habits of Chinese people.
- Ctrip’s customer service system is very powerful, and if you encounter problems with basic hotel reservations, you can help solve them as soon as possible.
Trip Ctrip hotel booking disadvantages
- Domestic hotel booking Ctrip is definitely the leader, but the price advantage of foreign hotel booking is not obvious.
Fliggy Fliggy – Alibaba’s travel booking website
Fliggy website: www.fliggy.com
It is often said that it is good to have a back against a big tree, and Fliggy has developed rapidly in recent years by using the big tree of Ali. A major feature that Fliggy can develop rapidly is the sale of package coupons, such as 599 yuan for 2 nights accommodation package coupons from 10 hotels in East China.
Of course, recently Fliggy is also actively developing calendar rooms, that is, booking hotels directly for a certain day.
Fliggy Fliggy Hotel reservation payment method
Needless to say, support Alipay, Huabei, support credit card UnionPay, Visa, Mastercard, etc.
Fliggy Fliggy hotel booking advantage
- The advantage of package coupons is that they give guests a lot of freedom, they can stock up on goods first, and they don’t need to determine the check-in time at the time of purchase.
- Huabei stockpiling can be said to be a major feature of Fliggy’s hotel booking, unlike credit cards, as long as the payment is made next month. The advantage of using Huabei is that you only need to repay if you actually go to the hotel to check in. Just buying and not staying in, it only occupies the amount of spending, and does not need to really spend money.
- Similarly, as an Alibaba-affiliated website, the entire user experience is very in line with the consumption habits of Chinese people.
Fliggy Fliggy hotel booking disadvantages
- As mentioned earlier, the benefits of package coupons are high degree of freedom, but at the same time, due to the high degree of freedom, on holidays, because it is National Day, May Day long holiday, when you use package coupons and hotel reservations, the hotel often refuses under the excuse of full room. In this way, hotels can sell rooms for higher prices, not necessarily to people who buy package vouchers cheaply.
- No matter in terms of the number of hotels or the price, there is still a certain gap with Ctrip.
Agoda – the best booking site for travelers in Asia
Agoda website: https://www.agoda.com
Agoda is the booking site owned by the American travel brand Priceline, and is the go-to website if you are booking hotels in Asia such as Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and more. Not only are there many hotels, but the prices are also very favorable, and there are various promotions from time to time.
In recent years, Agoda has also gained momentum in Chinese mainland, ranking among the top in terms of popularity and bookings.
Payment methods for Agoda hotel reservations:
Very down-to-earth support Alipay, credit card support UnionPay. Don’t worry about fraudulent credit card transactions.
Agoda Hotel booking advantages:
- If you travel to Southeast Asia, Agoda’s prices and number of hotels are among the highest in the industry.
- Agoda Rewards Card, or Gift Card, is similar to hotel group points and can be used to offset the cost of your next stay.
Agoda Hotel booking cons:
- If you want to find telephone customer service, you need to provide information such as the order number first, otherwise you have to communicate by email, and the timeliness is slightly worse.
- Cancellations made 14 days prior to check-in are generally required to be free of charge. It can take up to 10 days to receive a refund for cancellations.
Booking – The world’s largest hotel booking website
Booking is also a booking site owned by the American travel brand Priceline, and if you want to book a hotel in Europe, booking must be the first choice. Booking’s website has nearly 1 million hotels in more than 220 countries and is available in more than 40 languages.
Payment methods for booking bookings:
Support in-store payment, credit card support Visa, Mastercard, UnionPay.
- The prices displayed on the website page are all tax-inclusive prices, and it will be more convenient to compare prices with other websites, and you don’t need to click to the last step to view the price.
- Personally, I think that booking a hotel on Booking, the user experience is very good and the process is smooth.
- There are still cases of fraudulent credit card transactions, so it is recommended to change the payment method to “online payment at the time of booking”, so that the money will be sent to Booking, instead of providing a credit card for the hotel to spend.
- Please check to see if the price includes service charge, some hotels are additional.
Expedia – A global integrated travel website
Expedia website: http://www.expedia.com
Compared with Booking and Agoda, Expedia’s biggest feature is its comprehensive features, and their travel products provide air ticket booking, independent travel packages, attraction tickets and travel guide services in addition to hotel booking.
Expedia hotel reservation payment method
Support credit card Visa, Mastercard, American Express, online payment PayPal etc.
Expedia hotel booking advantage
- Since it is a comprehensive travel website, you can book a hotel + air package at a more affordable price for independent travel.
- New member registration, old member bookings have a reward mechanism.
Expedia hotel booking disadvantages
- A common problem with most hotel booking websites, the price displayed does not include tax, and the final price cannot be seen until you click through to the payment page
- If you just book a hotel, the price is not much advantage over Booking, Agoda, etc.
Hotel price comparison website
With so many hotel websites, it is time-consuming to check every house when booking. If you don’t have a special website to use, I recommend using Biyi.com, which can directly compare prices on multiple hotel websites to help you save a lot of time.
How to choose a hotel booking website?
To summarize the above introduction:
- If you are a member of an international hotel group, such as IHG InterContinental, Hilton Hilton, then in order to get more points and membership benefits, you must first choose the official hotel channel booking.
- If you want to book hotels in Southeast Asian countries, such as Japan, South Korea, Thailand, etc., Agoda is the first choice, followed by Ctrip. If you’re booking a hotel in Europe, Booking is preferred, followed by Expedia, Ctrip. If you’re booking a hotel in China, Ctrip is preferred, followed by Fliggy, Agoda, and so on.
- You can also check the lowest price of the hotel on each platform directly on the hotel price comparison website.
The latest offers of major website platforms are summarized here, and you can check them at any time. If you have any questions, you can leave a message in the comment area.
[…] Booking sites – If you’re not looking for a hotel chain, it’s recommended to book at the best online travel agency (OTA) sites such as Booking, Trip, Agoda, etc. These sites have many reviews from other guests, so it is convenient to filter to the right hotel for you. For more details, check out the best booking website guides. […]