In the IHG Intercontinental Ambassador Guide, we have explained that the InterContinental Hotels Group offers three membership programs.
Among the benefits of the InterContinental Ambassador, the complimentary weekend night vouchers (Bogo vouchers) are the most valuable.
Today’s article offers a comprehensive guide on maximizing the benefits of the IHG Ambassador’s weekend accommodation voucher.
What is Weekend Night Vouchers
Weekend night vouchers, also called “bogo vouchers”, are valid for 12 months. After becoming an Intercontinental Ambassador, this coupon will be automatically issued to the Intercontinental Ambassador’s account in the form of an electronic coupon.
You can use weekend night vouchers at more than 300 InterContinental Hotels and Resorts worldwide (excluding InterContinental Alliance resort hotels).
To utilize this, book a minimum two-night weekend stay at the “Ambassador Weekend Stay Voucher Price”. The voucher can be used on the second night, effectively giving you a free stay for one night out of the two.
How to Use Bogo Vouchers for Weekend Stays?
A weekend accommodation voucher is automatically added to your account when you purchase or renew your InterContinental Ambassador membership. Here’s how to redeem it:
Intercontinental Ambassador official website: https://www.ihg.com.cn/intercontinental/content/ambassador/free-weekend-certificate
- Log in to your member account and click “Book a Reward Night” in the Intercontinental Ambassador benefits.
- Ensure your stay includes at least two weekend nights (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday).
- The weekend accommodation vouchers, also called “AMB vouchers”, can only be used after confirming the “InterContinental Ambassador Free Weekend Stay” room rate. Note that all displayed room rates at this point exclude discounts for the second night.
Guide to Using Weekend Night Gift Certificates
- Not all InterContinental hotels accept weekend accommodation vouchers. Look for the “InterContinental Ambassador Free Weekend Accommodation” label before making a reservation.
- Many IHG hotel suites offer ambassador weekend rates which can be covered by this gift certificate. If you’re looking to book a suite, you can essentially save US$200 on InterContinental Ambassador fees for one night with the use of the gift certificate.
- Weekend night vouchers are accepted at participating Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants and Regent Hotels & Resorts.
- If you need to cancel your booking, do so at least 48 hours prior to the check-in date to avoid a cancellation fee.
- InterContinental Ambassador Weekend Stay Certificates must be booked in advance. If you join the InterContinental Ambassador Program at a hotel, you cannot use the weekend stay voucher for that visit.
- The weekend is defined as Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, though in the Middle East, weekends may be defined as Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
For more InterContinental offers, visit our Latest offers for IHG One Rewards members page, which is updated weekly.